Monday, February 16, 2015

Hello!

     Hello Internet! Welcome to my blog. I've never actually had a blog before. Or a Facebook. Or a twitter thing. Or any of those newfangled web doohickeys that allow you to broadcast your thoughts to the entire world wide web. So this blog thing is kind of weird for me, but just bear with me; I'll work it out.
     I didn't just randomly decide out of the blue to make a blog. This is a school project. We devote twenty percent of our class time (so one day a week) to whatever we want to do. Well, not whatever, we can't just sit around, put our feet up and sip iced tea all hour (though that would be nice). Each of us puts together a project with goals that we're genuinely interested in, so it doesn't really feel like work anyways.
     For my project, I've decided to learn to play the guitar. I've never played the guitar before, but I used to play the flute....like, six years ago. I think I remember how to read music, but like I said, it's been a while, so this will be interesting. To help me learn, I've enlisted  the help of my good friend Keith Urban. Just kidding, I've got a series of lessons on DVD that he made. He'll be my guitar sensei and I will be the young grasshopper (ergo "Guitar Grasshopper).
     Anyways, the guitar I ordered, along with the lessons, should be arriving sometime this week and I'm super excited. The next day in class that we get time for our project is this Friday. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your title and your voice! So. You. Can't wait to follow your journey!

      Delete